The following list of recommended web sites have been handpicked and evaluated by the librarians.
|Notice About Links: All links to non-UTD sites or services are provided solely for your convenience. Use of such links on this website is not an endorsement of, nor warranty of, the services or information provided by such sites.
Useful Web Sites on Philosophy
- AskPhilosophers.org — put the talents and knowledge of real-life philosophers to the test. Send a philosophy-related question, and they will respond!
- Basics of Philosophy — a huge subject broken down into manageable chunks
- Edge.org — promoting discussion of intellectual, philosophical, artistic & literary issues, as well as working for the intellectual & social achievement of society
- Encyclopedia of Concise Concepts by Women Philosophers — project by the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists aiming to introduce women philosophers who mostly have been omitted from the philosophical canon despite their historical and philosophical influence
- Fora.TV — videos on the people, issues & ideas changing the planet
- Marxists Internet Archive — Marxist writers, reference, history & encyclopedia
- Philosophy Bites — highly acclaimed website offering podcasts of conversations with leading philosophers chiefly from the UK and the US
- Philosophy Talk — download and listen to 1-hour broadcasts of philosophy talk radio. Brought to you by the Stanford Philosophy Dept.
- Philosophy TV — video website devoted to philosophical thinking by U. of Wisconsin, Madison
- Project Vox — by Duke University. Looking to transform the canon and discourse by recognizing early modern women who have been unjustly ignored in the narratives of the history of philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design): Ideas Worth Spreading — watch, listen, and discuss inspired talks by the world’s greatest thinkers and doers
- TPM Online: The Philosopher’s Magazine