Overview of Resources and Services promoted in Rhetoric 1302 Library Session
- Library Webpage Introduces you to the basic navigational structure of the McDermott Library website, focusing on information most pertinent to the research process.
- Library Catalog Teaches you how to search the McDermott Library online catalog (BASIC and ADVANCED searches), how to read a catalog record, and how to find more records on a similar topic.
- Electronic Databases Shows you how to use the alphabetical list and the subject list of databases, power searching, how to limit and expand search terms for maximum search efficiency, how to use the ebook collections, etc.
- Evaluating Your Sources Stresses the importance of evaluating your source, and introduces you to the critical thinking skills necessary for evaluating items in various formats.
- Email reference service providing answers to brief, factual questions
- Ask a UT System Librarian- Live Chat Chat-based collaborative reference service with other libraries in the University of Texas system
IM a McDermott Librarian Live chat with a UTD Reference Librarian
Text a reference librarian at email@example.com
- Useful Websites A collection of free WWW resource links, organized by subject and chosen by librarians at UTD.
- Interlibrary Loan Provides access to materials not held in the McDermott Library collection.
- TexShare Service that allows UTD patrons to borrow materials from other participating libraries in the area for free. Unlike Interlibrary Loan, the patron must visit the institution in order to borrow from (and return the material to) it.