Overview of Resources and Services promoted in Rhetoric 1302 Library Session
- Library Webpage Introduces you to the basic navigational structure of the McDermott Library website, focusing on information most pertinent to the research process.
- Discover This tool combines the library catalog (searching physical holdings such as books and journals) and many electronic databases (primarily for article searching) together into a single search interface.It is the main access point for searching and locating items in the library's collections, regardlesss of format.
- Electronic Databases (Articles & Databases) Briefly discuss how to use the alphabetical list and the subject list of databases, power searching, how to limit and expand search terms for maximum search efficiency, how to use the ebook collections, etc.
- Evaluating Information Stresses the importance of evaluating your source, and introduces you to the critical thinking skills necessary for evaluating items in various formats.
- Ask-A-Librarian Get in touch with an information expert, a UTD Reference Librarian, via text messaging, e-mail, by phone, or in person.
- Useful Websites A collection of free WWW resource links, organized by subject and chosen by librarians at UTD.
- Interlibrary Loan Provides access to materials not held in the McDermott Library collection.
- TexShare Service that allows UTD patrons to borrow materials from other participating libraries in the area for free. Unlike Interlibrary Loan, the patron must visit the institution in order to borrow from (and return the material to) it.