ML160 .G58 2014(Main Stacks, 4th floor)
The Last Guru : Robert Cohan's Life in Dance: From Martha Graham to London Contemporary Dance TheatreGV1785.C598 J335 2013(Main Stacks, 3rd floor)
GV1652.5 .G54 2013
(Main Stacks, 3rd floor)
Music and Protest in 1968
ML3918.P67 M82 2013
(Main Stacks, 4th floor)
Music and Dance
Resources on the study of music and dance.
Library of Congress Call Number Ranges:
This collection includes sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and directories to help find brief explanations and general information about terms and concepts in music and dance.
Reference Sources in Music and Dance
- New Grove dictionary of music and musicians. ML100 .N48 2001 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Encyclopedia of rap and hip-hop culture. ML102 .R27 B96 2006 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Blumenfeld's Dictionary of Musical Theater: Opera, Operetta, Musical Comedy ML102 .M875 B58 2010 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Continuum encyclopedia of popular music of the world. ML102 .P66 C66 2003 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- New Grove dictionary of jazz ML102 .J3 N48 2002 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- International encyclopedia of dance GV1585 .I586 1998 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Film Choreographers and dance directors: an illustrated biographical encyclopedia. GV1779 .B55 1997 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Social dancing in America: a history and reference. GV1623 .G56 2007 (Reference, 2nd floor)
Online Reference Sources in Music and Dance
Need Articles? Try International Index to Performing Arts Database
Hear It and See It: The Naxos Music Library and the Naxos Video Library
The Naxos Music Library provides access to over 85,000 CDs. Create your own playlists from over one million tracks of classical, jazz, folk, and rock music.
Or watch streaming video
performances of operas, ballets, live concerts, and dance performances on the Naxos Video Library.
Both databases are available on McDermott Library's database page.