Here are some reliable starting points for finding information on private corporations? Try one of these!
- Forbes.com -- Click on "Lists" then scroll down. On the right screen click on "Companies" to view best small, large & private companies
- Better Business Bureau -- for consumer & business reviews, reports, ratings, complaints, etc.
- Fortune 500 Lists-- annual lists of top 500 corporations, based on revenue
- Hoover's Online Company Information
Portions of corporation information are available in the databases LexisNexis Academic and WestLaw's Campus Research
- ThomasNet -- Formerly Thomas Register; directory of companies, their products & services
Library of Congress Call Number Ranges: HG 4057
For a full listing of the call number ranges including a detailed breakdown of the call numbers for management topics, see the Library of Congress Classification Outline.
Circulating books (Main Stacks) for these call number ranges will be located on the fourth (4th) floor of the library.
Hardcopy journals and reference materials for these call number ranges will be located on the second (2nd) floor of the library.
A Selection of Books and Biographies
This collection includes sources such as biographies and books about corporations. To find out if the library has a book about a specific corporation or person, type the name into the search box in Discover and select Library Catalog from the dropdown menu.
to return as the CEO eight years after he stepped down from daily oversight of the company and became chairman. Concerned that Starbucks had lost its way, Schultz was determined to help it return to its core values and restore not only its financial health, but also its soul.
Chrysler emerges as a man who loved machines, an accomplished mechanic who also had highly developed managerial skills derived from half a lifetime on the railroads, a man whose success came from his deep understanding of engineering and his total commitment to the quality of his vehicles.
"Ranks companies by sales within 4-digit SIC and 6-digit NAICS"
"Provides rankings and analyses of the industry activity of leading companies"