Resources on the study of gender.
Library of Congress Call Number Ranges:
Family Marriage Women: HQ
This collection includes sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and directories to help find brief explanations and general information about terms and concepts in Gender Studies.
Reference Sources in Gender Studies
- Encyclopedia of the world’s minorities. GN 495.4 .E63 2005 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Encyclopedia of women and gender. HQ 1115 .E43 2001 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Men & masculinities: a social, cultural, and historical encyclopedia. HQ 1090.3 .M436 2004 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Reader’s guide to women’s studies. HQ 1180 .R43 1998 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Women’s roles and statuses the world over. HQ 1236 .H46 2006 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Women’s studies a recommended bibliography. HQ 1180 .K75 2004 (Reference, 2nd floor)
Online Reference Sources
General Reference Sources:
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Gale Virtual Reference Library a comprehensive collection of reference materials in electronic format.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
- Oxford Reference Online