Library of Congress Call Number Ranges: HV
"scientific study of the nonlegal aspects of crime and delinquency, including its causes, correction, and prevention, from the viewpoints of such diverse disciplines as anthropology, biology, psychology and psychiatry, economics, sociology, and statistics" (From the Encyclopaedia Britannica Online http://www.search.eb.com.libproxy.utdallas.edu/eb/article-9109546, viewed on October 30,2008).
Selected Reference Tools in Criminology
This collection includes sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and directories to help find brief explanations and general information about terms and concepts in Criminology. This is only a view titles--many more are available.
- Sage dictionary of criminology (2001, online) (2013, print only Reference HV6017 .S24 2013
- An authoritative source covering the key concepts, theories, and methods in criminology and criminal justice. Entries written by scholars.
- 50 Key thinkers in criminology
- A history of criminological thought viewed through a group of life stories. Covers historical and contemporary thinkers.
- Encyclopedia of criminology and criminal justice
- An international, comprehensive reference tool for the field of criminology and criminal justice. Entries written by scholars.
- Encyclopedia of crime and justice.
- An interdisciplinary resource covering all aspects of criminology.
- Encyclopedia of street crime in America
- This resource focuses on the urban lifestyle and its associated crimes. Entries written by scholars.
- Encyclopedia of domestic violence and abuse. HV6626 .E535 2013 (Reference, 2nd floor)
- Provides research, personal stories, and primary documents on the topic. Entries are written by experts.
- Encyclopedia of criminological theory
- A resource covering the theory behind criminology.
ProQuest Statistical Insight is a full-text database containing thousands of statistical charts and tables derived from federal and state government agencies, international bodies, and private organizations. ProQuest Statistical Insight's content is quite broad and includes demographic data as well as data about crime, economics, health, education, labor, and the environment. Older paper copies of these indexes (American Statistical Index, the Index to International Statistics, and the Statistical Reference Index) are available on microfiche for 1974-2000 in the Microform Index Area.