American Modern: Hopper to O'KeeffeN620.M9 M87 2013(4th floor)
The Untranslatable Image: A Mestizo History of the Arts in New Spain,
1500-1600N6502.2 .R87 2014(4th floor)
Graphic Design History: A Critical GuideNC998 .D78 2013(4th floor)
Museums in a Global Context: National Identity, International Understanding
AM7 .M885245 2013
The Nude in Photography
TR675 .M337 2014
Art, Architecture, and Photography
Resources on the study of fine arts and architecture.
Library of Congress Call Number Ranges:
Art, Architecture: N-NZ
This collection includes sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and directories to help find brief explanations and general information about terms and concepts in Art and Architecture.
Reference Sources in Art and Architecture (located on the 2nd floor)
- Visual Dictionary of Photography TR9 .P73 2010
- A.C.I.: Art Catalog Index: Catalogues Raisonnés and Critical Catalogues of Artists, 1780-2008
N6447 .A25 2009
- Atlas of World Art N5300 A88 2004
- The Design Encyclopedia NK1370 .B93 2004
- Encyclopedia of Interior Design NK1165 .E48 1997
- Art in America’s Annual Guide to Museums, Galleries, and Artists N510.A78 2010
- The Official Museum Directory AM10.A2 O4 2012
Online Reference Sources in Art and Architecture
- A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- A Dictionary of Twentieth Century Art
- Oxford Companion to the Photograph
- Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists
- Grove Encyclopedia of Islamic Art and Architecture
- Oxford Companion to Architecture
Featured Database: THE VOGUE ARCHIVE
This database is a searchable archive of Vogue, from the first issue in 1892 to the current month, reproduced in high-resolution color page images. The Vogue Archive preserves the work of the world's commercial artists, stylists, and photographers and is a unique record of fashion, culture, advertising, and society from the dawn of the twentieth-century to the present day. The Vogue Archive is available on McDermott Library's database page.
Want More Pictures? Try the ARTstor Database
ARTstor Digital Library is a nonprofit resource that provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architec- ture, humanities, and science. The pictures come from outstanding international museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates. ARTstor is available on McDermott Library's database page.
Even More Images and Art Information
Oxford Art Online provides access to authoritative reference works including Grove Art Online, the Benezit Dictionary of Artists, the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, as well as thousands of online images, articles, and bibliographies. Access Oxford Art Online from the Library's database page.